This statement sets out how we process information about you (“Personal Data”) when you visit our site. Examples of Personal Data include your name, address, email address and telephone number. By using our site, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all Personal Data provided by you is accurate.
We are committed to maintaining your privacy. We are registered as a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”), and the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
We reserve the right to amend these Terms from time to time. The Terms were most recently updated on 24th May 2018.
1. Who we are
We are an English company with registered company number: 08472043 and our registered office is at 34 Watling Street Road, Fulwood, Preston, Lancashire, PR2 8BP. We are the data controller responsible for your personal information and we are registered at the UK Information Commissioner's Office with registration number 08472043.
2. What is a privacy notice
This notice contains our obligations and promises to you about the different types of personal data we might collect about you when you shop, make contact, or browse with us. It explains how we'll store, handle and protect that data.
3. What personal data do we collect and when?
We collect the following information about you:
- Name and Surname
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- Contact phone number(s)
- Purchase information
- Interactions with us e.g. contacting our Customer Services Team (we may record your calls), or visits to our stores/website/app
- Personal information you put on social media
- Information you provide in your reviews of us, or survey responses
- Delivery address(s)
- Billing address
- Attendance at events (and travel preferences)
- Preferred store, categories and brands
- IP address
- Information from cookies, including information on the devices you may use to make a purchase - please see our separate Cookies Policy
- Clothing size
We collect the information in the following circumstances:
- When you register to or use our website
- When you allow social media sites to provide your data to us
- When you contact us by telephone or email
- When you enter any event, prize draws or competitions run by us
- When completing any of our surveys or leaving us a review
- When completing any forms for transactional, employment or other purposes
- When you buy products or gift cards/vouchers
- When you've given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you
4. How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data in the following ways:
- To enable us to personalise your shopping experience on our sites.
- To allow us to handle your orders, deliver products and process your payments and refunds (including to ensure secure payment and prevent fraud).
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints.
- To keep a record of when and why you contact us and to keep your contact details up-to-date.
- For statistical, analytical or survey purposes - so we can improve our websites and the services we offer you.
- To enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other business functions on our behalf such as advertising on social media sites you might use and visit (our ability to do this will depend on the privacy settings you have on your social media accounts).
- Where you are an existing customer (or you have otherwise given us your data) and have not opted out, or where you have consented, we use your data to send you information about our business and products we think you might like and to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
- To process your application when you enter a competition promotion or prize draw. (If there are other purposes specific to that competition promotion or prize draw, these will be explained in the applicable Competition Terms & Conditions).
In order to help us manage our customer relationships, we use third party platforms. These platforms assist us to do lots of things, including: conduct email marketing campaigns, advertise online, undertake customer analytics, plan and put on events, book appointments, fulfil orders, make deliveries, returns and refunds etc. We therefore pass on your personal data to these third parties, on the condition that they agree to handle your information in line with this notice.
5. Why are we allowed to handle and store your personal data?
There are number of legal bases which allow us to use your personal data. The following sets out more detailed explanations of the bases we rely on to collect and process your personal data:
If you visit our site and are not an existing customer, or if you fill in any in-store materials, such as prize-draw entries, we might ask for your consent to process your data, so that we can send you our special offers and news.
- Contractual obligations
Our primary use of this basis is when you purchase our products. In this situation it is necessary for us to process your personal data in order to fulfil your order and send your goods to you.
- Legal compliance
In some circumstances, we may be legally required to collect and process your data e.g. to pass it on to the police if criminal activity is suspected.
- Legitimate Interest
It may be necessary to use your data to help us run our business. For example, to action any changes to your account that you request, or to personalise the services we provide - with the aim of improving your customer experience. We will only use your data in these instances, where doing so does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
6. How do we protect your personal data?
It is our duty to protect all personal data gathered and in order to do this our teams follow our internal data management policies and handle the data with the greatest level of care and expertise available to us. They do this by using various security technologies and internal procedures to ensure that it is kept safe and secure.
7. How long do we keep your personal data for?
We only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected (subject to any legal requirements). Once it is no longer necessary, we will either delete the data, or anonymise it. The use of anonymised data helps us to optimise our customer service.
8. Who else sees your personal data?
Sometimes we will share your personal data with trusted third parties. We will do this in the following circumstances:
- To process your order e.g. with delivery drivers, or with third party payment service providers
- To handle complaints e.g. with our Customer Services call centre
- To detect any fraudulent activity, or assist law enforcement authorities
- To help us offer you a more personalised shopping experience by sending you offers and updates
When we share information with third parties, we will ensure that:
- We only provide the data they need to perform their specific function
- They only use the data provided as intended
- They have the requisite measures in place to protect your data and delete it once the function has been performed, or delete it when we cease working with them
9. Where is your data stored?
Some of our partners and third parties who may receive your personal data are based outside of the European Economic Area. In such cases, we ensure that our partners are contractually-bound to protect your data to the same degree that is required in the European Union.
10. Do we process children's data?
In order to shop with us online, you must be over 16 years old and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 16. However, we encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children's Internet usage and to help enforce this notice by instructing children never to provide personal data to us.
11. What rights do you have over the data we store and how can you ask us to stop storing it?
- You have the right to correct any information we store which might be incorrect, incomplete, or out of date. You can do this yourself by logging into your account, or by contacting our Customer Services Team who will give you step-by-step advice on how to do this. You can contact them by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you have the right us to ask us to stop. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
- You have the right at any time to stop us sending you marketing material. You can do this in the following ways:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe' link in any email communication that we send you. We will then stop any further emails from that particular division.
- Contact our Customer Services Team by emailing: email@example.com
- If you have an account, log in into your account, visit the ‘My Account' area and change your preferences via our website or our app.
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences whilst our systems are fully updated.
From 25 May 2018, if you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you may be able to ask us to restrict how we use your personal data while your complaint is resolved. In some circumstances you can ask us to erase your personal data if you withdraw your consent, it is no longer necessary for us to use your personal data, you object to the use of your personal data and we don't have a good reason to continue to use it, or we haven't handled your personal data in accordance with our obligations.
To exercise these rights or if you have any queries or concerns regarding how we use your personal data, please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not happy with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office: https://ico.org.uk
- You have the right to ask us what data we hold which concerns you. Such requests are usually free, but we will ask you to submit your query in writing and include the following:
- Full name (we will ask you to verify your identity)
- Full address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Specific details on what you require or are requesting
We will process your request and will either respond within 30 days, or contact you to gather more information before we fulfil your request. In the event that we might refuse to fulfil your request (for example if it is unreasonable), we will give a full explanation as to why.
Please submit your requests through the following channels:
FAO: Customer Services, Raw Indigo, Opus 2 Unit A Greenbank Way, BB1 3EA
Or send an email to: email@example.com
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to RAW DENIM // OUTLET Official Online Store Opus 2 Unit A Greenbank Industrial Park Greenbank Way Blackburn BB1 3EA.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|